Jeff Baughman – Founder|CEO
Jeff is the founder and CEO of Spartan Law Group and completed the Tough Mudder with a team of clients and friends. Jeff was a squad leader in the U.S. Army light infantry both stateside and overseas where he learned not everything is black and white and to get through the “Gray Area” you need a team, a code, and sometimes a sense of humor in the face of gravity.
Starting out as a lawyer, Jeff realized there was a severe communication gap between clients and their lawyers and founded Spartan Law Group to overcome this gap. Jeff is an award-winning bad golfer, but uses that time to get to know his clients and shapes his practice to best fit each client’s needs. Jeff also strives to be more than someone to call when there is a problem. He uses his resources and network to help clients with their non-legal or personal needs to keep their venture growing.
As a member of the 10th Mountain Division (LI), Jeff did what it took to achieve the assigned mission and served with those who truly know what it is like to live above the standard. This mission-first focus and code forms the basis of his relationship with clients and his firm. Whether it is getting back what is owed to you or protecting you from others, Jeff stands ready for you.
- Alternative dispute resolution
- Asset Protection
- Commercial litigation
- Creditor and debtor rights
- Estate planning
- Government investigations and compliance
- Licensing and administrative hearings
- Overtime/unpaid wage defense
- Real estate litigation and contracts
- Unemployment defense
Source – “5 Tips for a Successful Remodel” Remodeling Today (Fall 2011)
Quoted – “Client demand prompts law firms’ fee changes” Tampa Bay Business Journal
Speaker – Stetson College of Law Entrepreneur Workshop (Nov. 2011)
Jeff loves to help others understand the legal process and their rights. He can regularly be found teaching the “Legal Structures” workshop at the Business Assistance Center for the City of St. Petersburg and encourages all to attend. Some past presentations have included topics on construction liens, Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, alternative dispute resolution, collecting on judgments, personal guaranties, and employment issues.
If you would like Jeff to speak to your organization, please call or email email@example.com.
- NARI – Nat’l Assoc. of the Remodeling Industry
- President (2012)
- Contractor of the Year Award – Associate Member (2010)
- Most Honest Golfer Award (2010)
- UU Church of St. Petersburg – Board of Trustees
- NACM – Nat’l Assoc. of Credit Managers – member and guest speaker
- RACCA – member and guest speaker
- SCORE – workshop instructor
- St. Petersburg Bar Association
- Florida Bar – Real Property, Probate, and Trust Section
Stetson University College of Law, J.D., 2008
Pennsylvania State University, B.S. Information, Sciences, and Technology, cum laude, 2005
Bar Admissions – Florida (2008), Middle District of Florida (2008)